Mini hydro project is a type of hydroelectric power that typically produces up to 1000 kW of electricity using the natural flow of water. This power can be utilized at any isolated home or small community. This is a pure green alternate source of power. Around the world,There are many of these installations done with appropriate geographical conditions.It is an economical source of energy without the purchase of fuel particularly for distant andpoverty areas. Used as complement to solar PV power systems is an ideal combination because when in the winter solar energy is at a minimum at the same time water flow is higher, and thus available hydro power is highest. Micro hydro is frequently accomplished with a pelton wheel for high head, low flow water supply. The installation is often just a small dammed pool, at the top of a waterfall, with several hundred feet of pipe leading to small generator housing.
It works on a common phenomenon as when water travels down from a certain height creats a force which runs the generator to produce power. As it depends on natural water sources which are easily available in hilly areas in form of streams and small water bodies. We can set up more than one mini hydro project to produce more power.
Amogeo provides expert consultancy and commissioning for mini hydro projects.
- Resource Assessment and Support for Identification of new sites
- Setting up new projects for different private / co-operative / Joint /Govt. sector etc.
- Renovation and Modernization of existing SHP projects.
- Development/up gradation of Water Mills (mechanical/electrical output) and setting up Micro Hydro Projects (upto 1000 KW capacity)
- Research & Development and Human Resource Development.